Teesside should be very proud of its businesses! They've clubbed together via this charity and raised well over £2 million in order to champion their communities and support the most needy local people. When I set this charity up in 2011 I honestly didn't expect it to be as successful as it has been.
Our major successes to date include:
1. Creating a Schools Hardship Fund to target financial help towards kids and their families in Teesside's poorest schools.
2. Boosting struggling local sports clubs with financial help for equipment and other costs.
3. Nurturing Teesside sports talent with a fund of £120,000.
4. Helping to create more than 50 work opportunities for local youngsters via our apprenticeship programme.
5. Working with The Salvation Army to target Christmas presents and assistance to Teesside's poorest families.
If you'd like more information about Middlesbrough & Teesside Philanthropic Foundation or would like to get involved, please get in touch here: teessidecharity.org.uk