Teesside should be very proud of its businesses! They've clubbed together via this charity and raised well over £millions to champion their communities and support the most needy local people. When I set this charity up in 2011, I couldn’t have imagined what it has grown into.
While I’m no longer involved in the charity’s decision-making, I’m proud that our major successes include:
1. Creating a Schools Hardship Fund to target financial help towards kids and their families in Teesside's poorest schools.
2. Boosting struggling local community groups, sports clubs and schools with financial help for equipment and other projects.
3. Nurturing Teesside sports talents who have the ability to reach the top in their sport by giving them financial help.
4. Helping to create more than 50 work opportunities for local youngsters via apprenticeships.
5. Working with The Salvation Army to target Christmas presents and assistance to Teesside's poorest families.
6. Three caravans on a beautiful coastal resort to provide short breaks for the most disadvantaged Teesside families.
If you'd like more information about Middlesbrough & Teesside Philanthropic Foundation or would like to get involved, please get in touch here: teessidecharity.org.uk